Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 15 and 16

Image from http://www.junkmarketstyle.com/
Week 15

We had the pleasure of having a guest speaker come into class on Tuesday. Her name is Sue Whitney. She presented to our class different ways we can turn "junk" into a new form of use, like making it into a candle holder or a lamp fixture for some thing that was going to get trashed can now be used for something. She talked about a sink she has that cost $200.00 to be installed that if were bought new would be around $12,000.00 as it is an old antique style sink. That was a most impressive idea about "junking" the ability to save money. And my most favorite part of the day was getting to eat Subway. The cookies they had were sooooo good.

For an asignment we did an Advocacy project: Online Environmental Learning Activity. What my subject was to cover Urban Sprawl. I had everyone read articles from sprawlcity.org, and then take a 6 question test on what they learned using the website quizyourfriends.com.

For Thursday we went outside and had a class discussion on how the semester went. Each person in class got to speak their mind on what they liked, or didn't like. We all seemed to agree that the blogging component of the class was a great feature once you get used to how it works.

Week 16

This is finals week, and for our last assignment in this class we did an Eye Opener blog that gives an overview about each web group member's Online Environmental Learning Activity and how we did on their quiz, or what we did on their teaching game. It was a very fun week for me this week as I got done with all of my classes on Monday. So, I get to workout everyday this week and make money working 6 hours a day which is double what I usually work during the semester. It is finally here I can say that I have completed my undergraduate degree as a Health Educator. Bye everybody...you might see me if you visit San Diego, CA assuming I get a job ther, but that is my number one place of interest to move to.

Thanks everybody for reading my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the degree!! Best wishes on your new adventures, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete